Work with us
The importance of good personal relations. This is a friendly school where equality and respect are the basis for interaction both inside and outside the classroom.
- In the classroom the relationship between the teacher and the students is of the upmost importance, teachers normally have an easy going but mutually respectful relationship with their students.
- The teachers work and interact well together.
- The teachers have the full support of the management team.
- There should be the maximum contact possible between administration and students, who need to feel free to express their suggestions and opinions.
- It´s fundamental that parents should have contact with teachers, the Head of Studies and the Director.
- Information to students, parents and the public.The information about the school, its methods and student’s progress should be as detailed as possible. This process begins when students first walk in through the door. The Director, The Head of Studies, the teachers and the secretaries are all responsible for making sure that the information given is as accurate and complete as possible. Parents of children and teenagers receive progress reports at the end of each term and are invited to meetings with the Director after Christmas and at the end of the school year.
- Care for the individual student.
- We believe everybody is able to learn and try to help each person learn as much as possible in the way that best suits them.
- We put students into groups according to age, level, potential and other factors.
- If there are any problems we try to solve them as quickly and harmoniously as possible, taking into consideration the interests of the individual and of the group.
- “We never believe we’ve arrived”. We´re always trying to improve our organisation, methods and facilities. While wishing to conserve the fundamental spirit we try to maintain a critical and innovative attitude.
Requeriments and Job Description
The following is information on requirements for teachers and a brief job description.
- 1. Residence. For legal reasons we usually only employ teachers from EU countries or those from outside the EU who already have official residence in Spain.
- 2. Education. Teachers should have a good level of education and be interested in improving themselves. Most teachers will have a degree, but more important than this is the interest in one´s continuing education and also the willingness/disposition to help others.
- 3. TEFL. Teachers are usually expected to have a four-week TEFL qualification such as an RSA TEFLA, CELTA or TRINITY TESOL certificate.
- 4. Experience. We are happy to employ a wide range of teachers, some with little or no experience and others with much more. As we have specific departments we are always interested in people with specific experience for example with Young Learners or juniors and teens, whether this experience be in an EFL environment or a state educational system. Teachers with experience teaching adults in respected academies are also welcome to apply.
- 5. Personal Attributes. Personal attributes are perhaps our greatest consideration. We are looking for teachers who genuinely enjoy teaching, take pride in their work and are concerned about their students’ progress and welfare. They should be friendly, eager to learn, easy to work with, willing to share ideas, good humoured and prepared to make a positive contribution to the school. We for our part try to be friendly, understanding, supportive and provide good working conditions.
We do not have any national, racial, sexist or age prejudices. We have or have had working with us teachers from Ireland, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa……and of course including teachers from different ethnic backgrounds.
If you would be part of us, please send your Curriculum vitae to: